At Buckshaw Primary School, we aim to prepare our children for their future by raising aspirations and developing resilience within a happy, safe and caring environment. We strongly believe in:
- Identifying, at an early age, individuals who require additional support.
- Enabling each pupil to reach their full potential, with both curricular and extra-curricular activities.
- Enabling each pupil to partake in and contribute fully to school life.
- Endeavouring to meet the individual needs of every child.
- Developing a feeling of self-esteem within the individual.
- Fostering an atmosphere in our school which will promote a happy, sensitive and secure environment to ensure the most effective learning for all children.
- Providing for children’s individual needs by supporting them in various ways: whole class, small groups and individually.
- Monitoring closely those with SEND by review and assessment, to enable us to recognise, celebrate and record achievements.
- Providing access to and progression within the curriculum, or ensuring personalised outcomes are catered for accordingly.
- Working with parents and other agencies to provide support and opportunities for those children with SEND.
- Using a variety of teaching strategies, which include different learning styles, to facilitate meaningful and effective learning for all children.
- Assisting all staff in the delivery of Quality First Teaching.
- Ensuring access to a range of resources to support staff in their teaching of children with SEND, accessible within the classroom for promotion of inclusivity.
- Including the voice of the child and parents/carers in monitoring and reviewing IEPs and EHCPs.
Contact Information at the bottom of the page.
SENDCO: Ikram Albustany
SEND Governor: Jane Climpson
Phone: 01257 418862
E-mail: [email protected]