Online safety is an integral part of safeguarding. Accordingly, this policy is written in line with ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’ 2021 (KCSIE) and other statutory documents; it is designed to sit alongside the school’s Child Protection and Safeguarding Policy.
The Designated Safeguarding Lead (DSL) will take lead responsibility for any online safety issues and concerns and follow the school’s safeguarding and child protection procedures.
This policy aims to set out expectations for all Buckshaw Primary School’s community members’ online behaviour, attitudes and activities and use of digital technology (including when devices are offline)
- Help all stakeholders to recognise that online/digital behaviour standards (including social media activity) must be upheld beyond the confines of the school gates and school day, and regardless of device or platform
- Facilitate the safe, responsible and respectful use of technology to support teaching & learning, increase attainment and prepare children and young people for the risks and opportunities of today’s and tomorrow’s digital world, to survive and thrive online
- Help school staff working with children to understand their roles and responsibilities to work safely and responsibly with technology and the online world:
– for the protection and benefit of the children and young people in their care, and for their own protection, minimising misplaced or malicious allegations and to better understand their own standards and practice
– for the benefit of the school, supporting the school ethos, aims and objectives, and protecting the reputation of the school and profession.
Here are few of the NOS useful quick guides for parents:
Your content goes here. Edit or remove this text inline or in the module Content settings. You can also style every aspect of this content in the module Design settings and even apply custom CSS to this text in the module Advanced settings.