Buckshaw’s Governing Body
Below you can find details about our governing body, how it is structured, names, categories, responsibilities and terms of appointment for each member.
What is a Governor?
The role of the Governors is to make decisions and support the school staff to ensure they have the resources in place to enable your child to reach their full potential. They meet once a term as a whole body and meet in Committees every half term.
The governing body acts as a critical friend to the school and discuss:-
• the curriculum
• the premises and health and safety issues
• interviewing and selection of staff
• the school budget
• staff in both teaching and non-teaching roles within the school
• local council representatives
• community representatives and business people.